Friday, September 18, 2009

A Note of Explanation


Of course, anyone who knows me knew this was coming. If one is supposed to blog about things that one is interested in or knows something about, then I must blog on horses. :-) I don't claim to be an expert on them, but I love them. Ergo--therefore--I write about them.


I don't yet know what I will write about them, but as in my other blog I'm sure that will come. In the meantime, suggestions are welcome. I hope that 1) if you love horses as much as I do, you will enjoy this blog, and 2) if you don't, that you will at least find it interesting!


I cannot, in this introduction, exclude one of my all-time favorite quotes about horses, by John Trotwood Moore: "Wherever man has left his footprint in the long ascent from barbarism to civilization,we will find the hoofprint of a horse beside it." There is another, possibly more powerful, quote but whatever your political or "creation/evolutionary" opinions, I'm sure you can agree with this one. May we continue to find the hoofprints of horses alongside the prints of "their" people.

No comments:

Post a Comment