Monday, September 21, 2009

Thoughts...

I mentioned another, more dramatic quote in my last post and thought I'd include it here. This one is anonymous; I found it in a calendar.

Look back at our struggle for freedom,
Trace our present day's strength to its source;
And you'll find that man's pathway to glory
Is strewn with the bones of a horse.

A solemn thought indeed, but a very true one. One need only think of terrible moments in the history of the cavalry in order to justify it -- look at The Charge of the Light Brigade. Horses have always served men and women courageously and unquestioningly. May we endeavor to be as good to them as they deserve.

I would like to add something that a friend of mine drew to my attention. There are many horses in the world right now that don't have a home or need a new one. She recommended that people who are interested in getting a horse consider adopting a mustang or a PMU horse. I'm sure there are many sites out there with more info; a quick search on my part brought up this one: http://www.pmurescue.org/. Even in hard times, let's not forget our friends the horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment